Race Officials reserve the right to disqualify any team that is not conforming to the established rules.
- Each team must have a minimum of two reflective vests, two working flashlights (headlamps OK), and 2 blinking lights at team check-in prior to the start of the race. Any team found not using the required equipment for runners between the hours of 9pm and 6am will be disqualified. A cell phone, GPS and pepper spray/dog repellent are all recommended but not required.
- If a runner must drop out of the race at any time due to an injury or for any other reason, they may not be reinstated into the team roster. The team must finish with the remaining runners rotating in their current order. The order may not be switched after the roster has been turned in at team check-in. Once the team has started the race no alternate may be added to the team.
- Due to the length of the race and the large number of turns along the course, all teams are to monitor and navigate their teams through the course. If a runner makes a wrong turn, the runner may return in a vehicle to the point on the course where the mistake was made, then resume on foot from that point.
- If any team member litters, urinates, or defecates in non-designated areas on public or private property, their entire team could be disqualified. Be considerate of the environment and of property owners along the course and at exchange sites.
- The race directors reserve the right to disqualify any team they find to be a public nuisance or otherwise jeopardizes the safety or health of other race participants, staff, or volunteers.
- All participants MUST fill out an entry form and waiver prior to their teams start.
- When the race starts, the clock starts. Teams late for their start time will be penalized time elapsed since their assigned start time. For example, if a team was scheduled to start at 9pm but wasn’t prepared to begin until 9:30, the team would be assessed a 30 minute penalty.
- Race number and the team bracelet must be worn at all times on the current runner.
- Team vehicles MUST display provided parking permit. Vehicles displaying official signage will be given priority for parking in exchange zones. Non-authorized team vehicles parked in exchange zones may be asked to move to non-priority areas and will only be assessed penalties for failure to comply with a request to move.
- Failure of vehicles to obey the safety instructions of parking officials at exchange points or elsewhere may result in penalties.
- All teams will have a running sequence through which they will rotate (aka Team Roster). All team members must complete an entire rotation before they can run again. The order through which team members complete their first leg is the order that they must maintain for the duration of the race. For example if a runner begins with Leg 1, for a team of six this runner will not run again until Leg 7, 13, and so on. The exception to this is if a team member drops out, in which case the order resumes in the same sequence, minus the injured runner.
- Teams may be penalized for jeopardizing their own safety or the safety of other runners or motorists by not obeying traffic signals.
- If a runner must drop out due to injury during a leg any team member may complete the current leg, however, they must exchange to the next runner in the rotation at the designated exchange point. The runner that drops out may not be reinstated in the rotation.
- All volunteers at exchange points and along the course have authority to penalize any teams/runners exercising abusive behavior, ignoring safety procedures, or failing to follow instructions.
- Vehicles are not permitted in impede traffic in any way by following directly behind their runner. Vehicles impeding traffic (including that of other teams or officials) could cause penalties for the team with which they are associated.
- Parking is not allowed on roadways within 500 ft. BEFORE an exchange zone. Parking is allowed in designated areas and along roads AFTER the exchange point.
- All teams must finish between 6am and 9:30am on Sunday. A 30 minute penalty will be assessed for teams finishing before 6am or after 9:30am. Any team finishing before 5am will be disqualified.
- There will be no FAST FORWARDS. Please estimate your start and finish times very carefully in order to avoid being disqualified.
PROTESTS: All participants are encouraged to report rule infractions by other teams. Race officials will be monitoring teams from various undisclosed checkpoints, however, self-policing is the best way to keep this a safe and fair race. If any team wishes to file a protest they must file a written protest form with a race official within 15 minutes of their race completion. The officials will investigate all incidents reported and the decisions of officials will be final.